Tuesday 15 March 2011

My famous Banana Cake.

People have asked me for my famous banana cake recipe. But is it really my recipe! The truth comes out!
No its not! In fact it is from the all famous in New Zealand Edmonds cookbook!
So I'll type it up and include some pictures for you all.









Banana Cake
125g butter, softened
1/4 Cup sugar
2eggs
1 1/2 Cups of mashed ripe banana (they can be frozen for up to a year i believe)
1 tsp baking soda
2 tablespoons hot milk
2 Cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
I use chocolate icing just using icing sugar, cocoa and water to a nice consistency and flavour.

Directions: Preheat oven to 180oC. Grease a 20cm round cake tin and line base with baking paper. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add mashed banana (I just throw my banana's into the mixer whole) mix thoroughly. Stir baking soda into hot milk (use a large mug if its your first time you'll get a surprise!)
Add to the mixture. Turn into prepared tin. Bake for 50minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Leave in tin for 10minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. When cold, ice!
Note: The mixture can be bake in two 20cm round sandwhich tins at 180oC for 25mins, The two cakes can be filled with whipped cream and sliced banana or something similar.

Thank you Edmonds! This recipe is constantly providing a good result!


A picture of my containers - Plain flour etc. these containers have measurement cups on the top!
My final result, I made a double recipe this time. One for me, one for work
Scraping the sides after mixing in the eggs.
look out! cooking!...its a science experiment too!
If only there were never dishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment