Saturday 2 July 2011

North Lakes Farmer's Market

This morning I took a moment to spend an hour by myself at the North Lakes Farmer's Market. It is quite a small market with only a handful of stalls. However it still had a nice feel to the place. I parked on the other side of the lake motivating myself to get a bit of excerise in by walking around. As soon as I got out of the car I heard this lovely live Jazz music coming from the Markets. My budget for the morning was a slim $10 due to the joys of saving for a wedding, so i decided to browse all of the stalls first before choosing what to have for breaky. Even though the weather was slightly chilly and it was scheduled to rain soon the markets had drawn a decent crowd of locals. It would be a great place to bring the family for breakfast on a Sunday morning. A very child friendly environment with a jumping castle, a near by playground and ducks and swans to feed. The range of stalls was very small - there was: Small baked goods stall, soaps and inscents, pancake stall, fresh coffee, fresh free range eggs (i'll prob buy my eggs from here in future), fresh fruit and vege, a hand-made-craft stall, and a jumping castle.


I took a long time to decide whether to get a Hot Chocolate or a Caramel Latte'. I finally decide on a Caramel Latte' thinking I should see how good this coffee tastes as I am still yet to find a good brand of coffee in QLD. 'Zzzzz' To be honest, the service was slow and the coffee was burnt, so due to bad customer service I cannot comment on the actual taste of the coffee itself. Maybe everyone in Brisbane that makes coffee should take a roadtrip down to Melbourne and either go to Flinders lane, Bridge road or Chapel street and taste what real coffee should taste like.



For breakfast I decided to have these mini pancake things called 'Poffertjes'. No one knew how to say the name of the things so we just stuck with pancakes. The couple running this stall was absolutely lovely and really had a good idea of what customer service was all about. They were also keeping all of their bread scraps to hand them out to the people that wanted to feed the ducks and swans. For $6 I got 10mini pancakes with butter, icing sugar and lemon juice. And they tasted divine!




So I sat on the steps by the lake and ate my breakfast. It was a beautiful moment having time by myself. I might be cheeky and do this every 1st Sunday of the month. ...except for the first Sunday in October of course... i'll be getting married! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment