Monday 18 April 2011

Humble Hearts

David humbled himself again and again. The Bible says that David was a man after God's own heart. When David talked about coming to a place of brokenness he did not mean despair and hopelessness or being hurt, he meant humility, the opposite of pride. So we can be like David and learn from every disappointment in life.
Below are some simple questions I copied from a book i'm reading at the moment and I thought they were so beautiful and spot on.

1. Lord, what do You want to teach me in this situation? What attitude should I have? What should be my response? What biblical principles is any, have I violated in this situation?


2. Has there been any disobedience on my part regarding the action, the timing, the people involved or the method?


3. Lord, do I need to forgive anyone in this disappointment?


4. Do I need to seek counsel of any godly person for help in this situation? Would You please give him or her the kind of insight into my life, my needs, and my reactions that will help me learn what You want me to learn?


5. Lord, am I overspiritualizing this situation and missing some practical lessons I should learn?


6. Lord, what are the adjustments and changes I need to make? Help me to take the necessary steps so I can get on with life.


7. Who should I now be serving, instead of worrying about myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment